Children in a Montessori pre-school or kindergarten environment are not preparing for elementary school, they are preparing for life. They are not getting ready for the next step, they are getting ready for everything.
Montessori education is for life.
This is why a Montessori education is timeless and more relevant today than ever before, in helping children address and prepare for the significant challenges of this ever-changing, perplex world. By encouraging their independent thinking and decision making, their love and respect for the community, we are giving them the tools necessary to successfully lead their life in the real world.
Everything that takes place inside a Montessori classroom serves the child’s physical, cognitive, emotional and social state of being. Our entire approach serves the child’s developmental goal and journey. Montessori activities are based on successfully developing the whole child.
Everything builds on what the human being has achieved in the earliest years of life.
When we encourage children’s independence on all levels (physical, cognitive, emotional and social), offering real life experiences rather than detached information or knowledge, in a nurturing and caring learning environment, we guide children in becoming:
- Independent, able to care for themselves
- Joyful, self-directed learners, with a desire and curiosity to explore and learn about the world
- Creative, with the capacity to resolve problems and think independently
- Flexible and adaptive, as a result of their real-life experiences
- With internal strength, as they have experienced acceptance and the joy of self-expression
- Socially responsible, with respect and a profound love for others, born from the coexistence of free choice and healthy boundaries
- Handle themselves with grace and courtesy in a variety of social situations
These qualities will guide them through any path they choose to walk in life.